South Houston Green Card Attorneys Here To Help

How Can a Green Card Attorney in South Houston Help You?

Thinking of becoming a lawful permanent resident of the United States?

You may need to talk to a green card attorney in South Houston. Your lawyer will be able to help you with every step of the process, even if you don’t yet have a visa that lets you enter the United States.

If you petition the government for a green card and your application is approved, you’ll enjoy many of the same benefits that U.S. citizens receive – and you’re one step closer to becoming a naturalized citizen if you choose to do so.

South Houston Green Card Lawyers

Working with a green card lawyer in South Houston may be the best choice for you. The process of applying for lawful permanent residence in the U.S. can be time-consuming, and in many cases, confusing. For those reasons, a lot of people decide to work with an immigration attorney who understands U.S. immigration law and can:

If you haven’t started any of the immigration process (for example, you don’t have a visa to come to the U.S. yet), your attorney can also help you with that. Your lawyer will find the right type of immigrant visa for you, help you apply, and explain all your options to you.

In many cases, people who want to become lawful permanent residents of the U.S. can’t apply for themselves – they need a sponsor to file a petition on their behalf. Some of the forms that you or your sponsor may have to file include:

This isn’t a complete list, though. Every case is different, so your South Houston green card lawyer will determine which forms you need to file for your green card petition.

Trying to survive The Green Card process By Yourself Can Be a difficult & Tedious endeavor. Request A Free Consultation to Go Over your Different options.

Who Can Get a Green Card in South Houston?

Many people visit the United States but are not eligible for a green card. Green card eligibility is based on specific immigrant categories. If you fall into one of the following categories, you could be eligible for a green card – but again, every case is different, and you should speak to an immigration lawyer in South Houston about your situation:

Generally speaking, only people who have a valid visa to enter the United States can apply for a green card. However, there are exceptions – and your attorney can explain them to you.

Visas and Green Cards for Families of U.S. Citizens and Lawful Permanent Residents

As the spouse or child of a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident, you may be able to get a green card based on your familial relationship with that person. U.S. citizens can also sponsor other family members, including siblings and parents.

Usually, the U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident must petition the government on your behalf – you can’t “sponsor” yourself for a green card.

Visas and Green Cards for Some Immigrant Workers

Some companies are permitted to bring in foreign talent – but for the most part, you can’t apply on your own behalf to come to the U.S. and work. An eligible company must be approved and must sponsor you to come to the U.S.

If you work with a company that wishes to hire foreign workers for jobs you cannot fill with American workers, it’s a good idea to get in touch with a green card law firm in South Houston. Your attorney will ensure that you remain compliant with U.S. immigration law.

Other Immigration Categories

There are several other pathways to obtaining a green card in South Houston if you don’t fit into one of the categories listed above. For example, you may be eligible for lawful permanent resident status if you’re an asylee or refugee, a religious worker, a special immigrant juvenile, an employee of an international organization, or you have been the victim of human trafficking, abuse or certain crimes.

Do You Need to Talk to a Green Card Attorney in South Houston?

If you want to become a lawful permanent resident of the United States, you could benefit from talking to a green card attorney in South Houston. Call us today or get in touch with us online to schedule a free green card consultation – we may be able to help you.