Immigration Practice Areas

Immigrating to the United States?

We can help.

U.S. immigration law can be complicated, and for many people, the best path forward involves working with an attorney who understands the system and how it works. Our experienced Houston attorneys offer legal counsel in all areas of immigration law, including family- and employment-based immigration, deportation defense, immigration appeals, temporary visas for work and school, permanent residency, naturalization and more.

Why Choose Our Houston Immigration Attorneys







We Will Help You Every Step Of The Way

Houston Immigration FAQ 

Immigration Lawyers in Texas

If you’re like many people, you know you could benefit from working with a Texas immigration lawyer – but you have questions. Check out these immigration law FAQ and see if you find the answers you need; if not, please feel free to call us and we’ll point you in the right direction.

How much does it cost to hire a Houston immigration lawyer in the U.S.?

Immigration lawyers generally charge by the hour, although sometimes there is a flat fee associated with filling out and filing certain forms. The hourly rate you’ll pay depends on your case; if you’re simply applying for a tourist visa, for example, you’ll most likely pay less than someone who needs to file an immigration appeal and appear in court. The best way to find out how much it costs to hire an immigration attorney is to call us and explain your situation during a free consultation. We’ll be able to tell you how complex your case is likely to be, as well as give you an hourly rate or flat fee quote.

Can a lawyer help you get a green card?

A lawyer can help you get a green card if you qualify and meet the legal requirements for eligibility. Generally, you’ll need a visa first; then, after you’ve fulfilled all the requirements, you can petition the U.S. government for a green card. Your attorney can fill out and file your petition for you, and he or she can help you prepare for things like your biometrics appointment (where the government will take your photo, record your fingerprints and capture your digital signature) and your green card interview if you’re required to have one. Your lawyer can keep track of your case for you, as well, and keep you updated on new developments.

Do you automatically get a green card when you marry a U.S. citizen?

You don’t automatically get a green card when you marry a U.S. citizen. You must apply for one and meet all the government’s eligibility criteria. You must provide proof that you’re in a legitimate marriage (and that you didn’t only marry your spouse for the immigration benefit). You’ll most likely have to participate in an immigration interview, as well.

How can I live permanently in the U.S.A.?

You must meet all eligibility requirements to live permanently in the United States and wait for the government to approve you for lawful permanent residency if you want to live permanently in the U.S.A. If the government approves your petition for lawful permanent residency, it will grant you a green card – an immigration document that allows you to live and work anywhere in the United States. A green card is an important step on the path to citizenship, as well. After you have had a green card for a certain period of time, you can apply for naturalization, which is the process of becoming a U.S. citizen.

2. Immigration Lawyers in Texas

What do I need to do to work in the United States?

Foreign workers are welcome to join the U.S. workforce if they are sponsored by an employer for a specific position. Generally, you can’t petition to come to the U.S. as a worker; your prospective or current employer must petition for you. When your employer creates a petition, you must meet all admissibility criteria.

Can my company hire foreign workers?

Many companies hire foreign workers to fill specific positions. Additionally, many foreign-based companies are permitted to send workers to the U.S. to open new offices and get things up and running. Business immigration can be complicated, so many companies work with an attorney to move through the process of hiring foreign workers more easily.

Can my family immigrate to the U.S. with me?

Your immediate family may be able to immigrate to the United States with you. However, every person coming to the U.S. as an immigrant must meet eligibility criteria on his or her own – and often, family members must apply to come to the U.S. under a different category from their sponsor. Typically, family members are granted the same period of stay as the sponsor, but every case is different. Spouses, unmarried children under the age of 21, unmarried children over the age of 21, siblings and parents may qualify to come to the United States with you.

We Will Help You Every Step Of The Way