Houston Green Card Attorneys Here To Help

Why Work With a Houston Green Card Lawyer

If you’re like many people, you’re in the United States on an immigrant visa and are ready to make the transition to lawful permanent residency – but where do you start?

You may need to work with a Houston green card lawyer who can help, even if you haven’t yet obtained a visa to come to the U.S.

The application process for getting a green card and lawful permanent residency in the United States can be long and confusing – and many people choose to work with a

Houston green card lawyer who can handle everything from start to finish. 

Green Card Lawyer Houston

Your green card attorney can:

Trying to survive The Green Card process By Yourself Can Be a difficult & Tedious endeavor. Request A Free Consultation to Go Over your Different options.

Who Can Get a Green Card in the United States?

Only people who meet certain eligibility criteria can apply for a green card in the U.S. You can only apply if you fall into one of several categories, including:

Family-Based Immigration

Employers are able to bring foreign talent to the United States by following the proper immigration channels. You could be eligible for a green card if you are an immigrant worker, a physician or an immigrant investor.

Your family members’ eligibility depends on whether you’re a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident. If you’re not sure who you’re allowed to sponsor under U.S. immigration law, you should contact a Houston green card lawyer with your questions. Your attorney can explain whether you can bring your family to the United States, as well as tell you what your next steps should be.

Employment-Based Immigration

Some employers can bring foreign workers to the United States. However, because business immigration is so complex – and because companies have to meet strict requirements in order to qualify and remain in compliance with U.S. immigration law, most businesses who want to hire foreign talent choose to work with a Houston immigration attorney. 

Most people cannot petition to come to the U.S. and get a green card for business purposes on their own – they must be sponsored by a qualified employer.

Green Cards for Refugees and Asylees

If you have been in refugee or asylee status for at least a year before applying, you can petition the U.S. government for a green card. A green card allows you to live and work anywhere you’d like in the United States or its territories.

Green Cards for Victims of Abuse, Crime or Human Trafficking

Some people who have been victims of abuse, certain crimes or human trafficking are eligible to apply for green cards. If you think you may be eligible to apply based on one of these classifications, it’s a good idea to talk to a Houston green card lawyer for help.

Other Immigration Categories for Green Cards

Many other people are eligible for green cards, but only those who fall into certain categories, such as:

A Houston Green Card Lawyer’s Answers to Frequently Asked Immigration Questions

Check out these common questions we receive – and if you don’t see your own question here, please call us or contact us online to ask during a free consultation.

Can You Get a Green Card Based on Marriage?

If you marry an American citizen, you can apply for a green card. Likewise, if you marry a lawful permanent resident, you are eligible to apply. You still must meet all other eligibility criteria, and you’ll most likely have to attend an immigration interview.

If you have been married for less than two years when the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service grants your petition, your green card will be valid for two years; if you’ve been married for more than two years, it’ll be a 10-year green card.

How Much Does it Cost to Get a Green Card in Houston?

Costs for getting a green card in Houston or anywhere else in the U.S. depend on which forms you need to file. You will not need to pay all of the following fees; you’ll only have to pay for the forms you need to file:

Do You Need to Talk to a Green Card Lawyer in Houston?

If you’re considering petitioning to become a lawful permanent resident of the U.S., we may be able to help you. Call or contact us online today to schedule your free consultation.